Gazelle Communications Corporation is a leading Canadian provider of Data, Voice & Managed services to small to medium sized business clients nationwide and is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that provides a positive and accepting work environment for people from all walks of life and are committed to providing employment accomodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005, AODA). Gazelle will provide accomodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require a special accomodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for your interest, however only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Working at Gazelle has it's advantages! We believe that employees are best suited when they are provided a positive work environment and have the ability to excel. We strive to eliminate the little challenges so you can focus on the work that excites you most. Some of the perks of working at Gazelle include:
- A diverse workplace that is committed to inclusion of all identities
- Canadian owned and operated. You are encouraged to interact with all levels of the organization
- Group health benefits including vision & dental
- Competative salaries and compensation packages inline or above industry standards
- Free coffee, expresso, tea & a variety of beverages in the office including snacks & treats
- Centrally located downtown Toronto office, directly across the street from Bay Subway Station
- Expanded and extra-large work areas including a multi-monitor setup upon request
- Flexibile work schedule for all positions (when possible) to promote a healthy work-life balance
|Position Title||Location||Job Type||Salary|
|Junior Provisioning Specialist||
|Full Time||$35,000 - $40,000|
|Technical Services Analyst||Toronto, ON||Full Time||Dependent on skills|
The Junior Provisioning Specialist performs and coordinates voice and data orders and installations. The individual in this position is responsible for working with new and existing clients to provision telecom services on their behalf. The Junior Provisioning Specialist works within various internal systems and vendor portals to provision moves, adds, changes, and disconnects (MACD) of services such as, but not limited to, POTS lines, T1, T3, ISDN, Centrex, MPLS, DSL, cable, and SIP and responsible for maintaining high levels of quality and productivity as well as maintaining a positive overall relationship with the clients and vendors.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Works within the Gazelle ecosystem work flow to process orders with vendors via vendor portal, email, or telephone within client service level agreement windows.
- Prepares any documentation necessary to complete order processes.
- Document internal processes to complete the orders for our internal team
- Works with customers, vendors, and internal resources to monitor the order progress, processing of orders, provisioning of orders, and overall project management.
- Communicates with vendors throughout the delivery or discontinuation of services, which may include responding to vendor requests with regulatory or legal requests to make sure clients’ needs are met according to established timelines.
- Tracks critical dates for provisioning processes and updates system notes and work flow on a daily basis to provide the most up-to-date information for client teams.
- Escalates issues with vendors and clients to meet project demands.
- Supports team members and current clients in the design, development, configuration, and deployment of system changes to include updates in plans, vendor services, or contracted services.
- Acts as the client facing subject matter expert (SME) in regard to vendor MACD activity.
- Facilitates calls with clients and vendors for status updates on all open activity.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Minimum Requirements:
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to speak and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to resolve the problem
- Ability to troubleshoot potential or real service issues and to initiate and/or provide support for escalations.
- Ability to positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Ability to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency, and risks. Ability to then make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Ability to set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Attention to detail including the ability to organize and handle multiple tasks for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Above average proficiency in Microsoft office products.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 1 year of experience working with telecommunications carriers’ provision services preferred
- A strong foundation in local voice telecommunications in the business environment.
- Experience in managing customer satisfaction.
- Understanding of local voice telecommunications, including POTS, trunks, PRI, T1s, DIDs, toll free, integrated voice and data, VOIP, and SIP.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
Experience: Telecommunications: 1 year (Preferred)
Location: Toronto, ON (Preferred)
Language: English (Required)
We are currently seeking a Technical Services Analyst at our downtown Toronto office. This position will be a typical weekday 9am-5am position with occasional on-call requirements.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Implement customer provisioning orders and troubleshoot network related troubles for various lines of business in a multi-vendor environment
- Provide required status updates
- Diagnose/troubleshoot and resolve problems in timely matter on a wide variety of hardware platforms to the satisfaction of the client
- Perform tests to completion and/or resolution and update tickets appropriately
- Understand when to assign tickets to proper service suppliers
- Escalate problems to internal/external suppliers and service partners to ensure outage time is minimized and trouble orders/tickets have proper documentation
- Responsible for customer approved changes (Change Management)
- Deal with all levels of technical and non technical management across the district and the business
- Deal with unexpected problems and new situations
- Participate actively in the resolution (isolate problem) of common failures and major outage re-establishment with various teams
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Act as a team player with a focus on customer satisfaction
- Keep up with emerging telecommunication technology
- Intermediate knowledge of internetworking LAN/MAN/WAN and various network topics (DNS, DHCP, NAT, etc)
- Intermediate knowledge of IP products and services (IPVPN, MPLS)
- Basic knowledge of Legacy - Broadband products and services (T1, ATM)
- Intermediate knowledge of vendor products (Cisco, Fortigate, Juniper, Polycom)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to make decisions promptly and manage risks while under pressure
- Analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Prior experience in a technical role a major asset
- Past HPBX implementation experience
- Telecom knowledge from traditional services to SIP and VoIP
- Data Access Knowledge (Coax, DSL, Fibre etc.)
- Project Management experience in telecom is an asset
- Bilingual in French and English is also an asset